Monday, February 23, 2015

Sunny Weekend Recap

If you live in Washington state, you can agree that this weekend and last were absolutely gorgeous and unlike our normal February weather. It was over 50 degrees both days with loads of sunshine. And seriously, who doesn't get motivated by sunshine?

Saturday morning Scott and I both got up early to start our day. Scott had to go into work for a couple of hours so I met my friend Justine (who's also prego, in fact she's exactly 4 weeks ahead of me) for a 30 minute walk. It was a bit chilly but the fresh, crisp air felt amazing and it was good to get my legs going. I then picked up my Blissfully Organic Co-op (BOCO) Basket. If you live in the Puyallup or Lacey area I highly recommend you check out BOCO. I usually buy a full share every other week and I've yet to be disappointed. I use the veggies and fruit to inspire my weekly meal planning and love being able to get all of my grocery shopping done early on Saturdays!

After picking up my basket I met my friend Ashley who I haven't seen in years for breakfast at the Buttered Biscuit in Sumner. I have to say, it's not really worth the hype. I ordered a breakfast burrito and it was just ok. Ashley got the "Kim Kardashian" which is eggs benedict but includes bacon, ham and sausage. Her meal looked pretty good so I may have to go back and try something different. They give you HUGE portions that are definitely perfect for sharing!


Saturday afternoon Scott and I made a trip to Home Depot to get some bark for the yard and laid it in our front flower beds. I seriously LOVE the look of fresh bark and it makes a world of difference. Oh and I can't forget the awesome new area rug and table lamps I got on clearance at Fred Meyer! I got a $200 rug for only $67, can you say bargain? Love finding new stuff for our home on sale!

We capped off Saturday with a fun dinner at Samurais with our good friends where I ate ridiculous amounts of fried rice, and I don't even feel bad about it.


Sunday morning I woke up bright and early (without an alarm clock) and decided to do some baking. I had some blueberries I needed to use and found this "lightened-up" blueberry coffee cake recipe on Pinterest. It turned out DELICIOUS and our house smelled so good while it was baking!


The rest of the day included some much needed R&R, cleaning up around the house, a walk with our Pup, and the much anticipated Oscar awards!

What did you do this weekend? Did the sunshine make you more productive than you'd normally be?




No comments:

Post a Comment