Friday, October 31, 2014

Happy Halloween!

As a kid growing up my Dad use to go all out for Halloween. He'd decorate the outside of the house super spooky and even have creepy music playing in the garage to scare trick-or-treaters. We would go through bags upon bags of candy and sometimes Mom or Dad would even have to go back for more! I swear they must've spent $75 just on candy each year!

I haven't been that into Halloween but now that our Nephew Gunnar is starting to really enjoy the holidays I wanted to do something fun for him. So, I threw together some Pinterest ideas together and we partied like it was 1999. We even had a dance party in the living room! I can't say I did as well decorating the outside, but I did pretty good with the Mummy Dogs, Apple Teeth and Jack-o-Lantern Quesadillas!


After our bellies were full of dinner it was time to head out the door. Gunnar was so excited that his Mommy had a doggy costume too!


Unfortunately we live in a pretty lame neighborhood when it comes to homes that hand out candy. I would say we only hit 10-15 houses but a couple were very festive. One even had their whole front yard done up as a haunted house! I swear when I was a kid every house handed out candy! What happened to those times?! Next year we'll plan to go to a trick-or-trunk event or a more festive neighborhood.

Trick-or-Treat!
Patient Puppy

We were lucky enough to be joined by a couple of Gunnar's cousins and one of my favorite friends and her sweet little one. Thanks again for joining us Nicole!


We had so much fun that it has been decided that this will be an annual Halloween tradition. Party at Tee-Tee and Uncle's house followed by trick-or-treating! In fact I've already got some costume ideas in mind! ;)



What did you do this year for Halloween? Does your family have any Halloween traditions?

 


No comments:

Post a Comment