Tuesday, October 7, 2014

When You Really Don't Want To...

So we've all been there. It's 7:30pm at night, you had a busy day at work, followed by an even busier evening and all you want to do is change into sweat pants, veg out on the couch and spend your night watching T.V. or if you're like me, scrolling through Pinterest.

That was me tonight and while 95% of my being was telling me to enjoy an evening on the couch, the 5% of me that is determined to get back to my old habits and health said "get your butt off the couch and get moving". So to satisfy the Pinterest lover that I am, I hoped on my "Health and Fitness" board and found a quick workout to do. I turned on Pandora, laced up my tennis shoes and turned our garage into a gym.

I started with a 3 minute jog in big circles around my garage then did a little over one round of this workout, followed by about 50 squats, a ton of lunges, and jumping jacks.

Photo credit: EvolveFitnessandCoaching.com
Thanks to my trusty Polar HR monitor, my workout felt even more worthwhile... While it was only 20 minutes it was SOMETHING and I got up and got my butt moving which is a step in the right direction.


I've even gotten back into the habit of tracking my meals on MyFitnessPal which helps me stay accountable. It's all about celebrating small victories right?

What's your favorite Pinterest workout? What motivates you to keep moving even on the days when you'd rather not?

No comments:

Post a Comment