Thursday, October 2, 2014

Pray for Magnolia

A few weeks ago I got a message from my cousin Jenni about a sweet little three year old girl named Magnolia. Jenni worked with Magnolia's Mom who recently got news that no parent or loved one wants hear.. Magnolia is terminally ill. Doctors found a cancerous inoperable mass in her brain stem called Diffuse Intrinsic Pontine Glioma, and in the words of her father "outside of a miracle, our little Maggie has been given 9 to 12 months to enjoy this beautiful world with us."  News that would tear any parents world apart.
While I'm not a parent yet, I cannot imagine having to go through the pain, fear, heartache and sadness that their family is facing daily. It has had me contemplating about how it would feel to have a child suffering through unimaginable pain and not knowing how to console them.

I haven't been able to get Maggie off my mind, so I thought sharing my thoughts here would help. You know, we all have "bad days", and at times we have all thought our lives were so hard and wished things would get better. We've all had what we call "troubles", but for just a moment put yourself in Magnolia's shoes or her parent's shoes. Your troubles should seem miniscule compared to what they'll face over the next few months.

Maybe you don't know Maggie. Or maybe you're lucky enough to have never been impacted by cancer, but I hope you're able to be more thankful for the "troubles" you have, love harder and embrace each day, as I know I have been. After learning about Maggie, I am thankful for my "troubles" that often seem huge, yet are nothing at all in comparison to what others may be facing. It’s easy to judge people looking from the outside in, yet we truly never know what a certain person, family, or child might be facing in their life at that moment. Our troubles, trials and tribulations are not always easily seen.

Maggie and her family now hold a big place in my heart. While doctors may have given her months to live, I believe in the power of prayer. I believe that we are all put on this earth for a reason and God has a plan for Maggie. So I'm asking that no matter who you pray to, that you add Magnolia to your prayer list. If prayer is not your thing please send your positive wishes and thoughts to her family.

As you can imagine, with testing, radiation, blood work, etc. Maggie's family could use a lot of prayer warriors. Please pray for their family but also consider donating whatever you can to this dear family as they face the fight of their lives.

We're all thinking about you and praying for you Maggie, keep fighting sweet girl! 

No comments:

Post a Comment