Monday, November 24, 2014

Weight Loss: Proof the Scale Doesn't Matter

Today I'm officially on week 3 of my Fitness by Felicia exercise and nutrition plan. I have loved it so far and appreciate that she agrees this is a lifestyle, not a diet. There is no "one time fix" for my weight and fitness. It is something I'll have to be conscious about and watch for the rest of my life and I'm ok with that! I'm feeling stronger each time I go to the gym, I've conquered my fear of the weight room and most importantly I'm feeling happy with myself again. 

Now about the scale...We hear it all the time-- the number doesn't matter it's all about how you feel. But if you've ever struggled with weight loss or lost weight at all you know it's much easier to say the scale doesn't matter than to actually believe it.

Well, I've been converted to one of those non-scale chicks. No joke, I am done with the scale (almost). I mean I'll always have a scale, but I'm done with this daily or every other day visit to the dreaded scale-monster and I have proof that shows it is NOT about the number we see.

I'd be lying if I said I just woke up this morning and thought - "you know I'm done with the scale". Nope didn't happen like that at all. Here's how it really happened. Last week I texted my cousin Jenni who hosts You vs. You and was beyond discouraged. I had eaten healthy with little to no slip ups and worked my butt of yet the scale wasn't changing! She reminded me to remember how I feel and drink lots of water. I trusted her and left the scale alone and waited impatiently for my Saturday update pictures.

This is extremely scary to post and I'm not proud of the first photo but I'm proud of myself for making the change back to a healthier me. This is a photo collage of me two weeks ago and then this past weekend. Please excuse the smiley faces put over my actual face, my cousin posted this on her page and wanted to keep it anonymous which is great since they look much better than my tired, "lets get this over with" face. Also, I promise to get better with consistent poses!


Do you see the difference in the side view and back? Keep in mind my scale only moved by an ounce or two! This goes to show that building lean muscle and burning fat is what matters, not the number that pops up on the scale.

Ignore the scale people! Remember how you feel when you leave the gym and when you eat healthy. Fuel your body with the nutrients it deserves and get moving!

No comments:

Post a Comment